The Kitchen Sink
COVID - 19 Protocols at The Kitchen Sink
- UVC (100% 254nm) lights have been installed in our central HVAC unit to help deactivate bacteria and viruses as the air circulates through the system. MERV 13 air filters have also been installed and are changed frequently.
- Air purifiers have been installed in our isolation booths and control room. Air is completely exchanged every 12 minutes. These units are equipped with HEPA grade filters.
- Gear such as vocal microphones, headphone mixers, headphones and pop filters are disinfected and/or rotated after each session.
- There is hand sanitizer and/or wipes available in all the common areas.
- Surgical grade masks and gloves are available, if needed.
- Additional "Gobos" are available in our spacious tracking room to offer more physical separation when needed.
- Our Bathroom is cleaned and sanitized at least once a day.
We are not requiring proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test before sessions.
However, if you, or any of your essential personnel are exhibiting symptoms, please let us know.
If necessary, we will work with you to reschedule without cancellation fees.
Our distancing/masks policies are adjusted regularly in response to current guidelines and based on the specific interpersonal dynamics of each session. However, please do arrive at the studio prepared to wear a face mask, if called upon to do so. Thanks!
We also offer the option to attend real-time, remote and mix and tracking sessions via Source-Nexus, Zoom, and Facetime.
In addition, we have a listening/protools viewing station in our main tracking room, complete with near field monitors and computer screen to allow for socially distanced editing and collaboration, if needed.
We would like to send a special thank you to Dr. Paul Pottinger, Professor of Infectious Diseases at the University of Washington.
His insight and advice has been invaluable to making the studio a safer environment for all clients and staff.